Episode 1: Carl Williams, Lead Product Designer at YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to our podcast episode with Lead Product Designer, Carl Williams, then we’ve got you covered.
Carl shared with us his top career tips and to-do list for any budding Product Designer.
- Subscribe and listen to the Design Better podcast. There are some interesting and helpful conversations with design professionals.
- Subscribe to the Futur Academy YouTube channel. A great channel for picking up useful design tricks and ideas.
- Check out InVision – a valuable prototyping and design collaboration tool that’s easy to use for beginners.
3 CAREER TIPS
- Seek out like-minded people to collaborate with, learn from one another and utilise each others knowledge and skills.
- Document your work process. When presenting your work, remember to show how you arrived at that final stage. Understanding how you got there is just as important and shows your thought process.
- Stay curious. Things are always advancing, more now than ever before – particularly in the tech industry. Stay at the forefront of knowledge available surrounding your industry and others, read articles on new technologies and follow pages of people or companies that you feel are pushing things forward and doing interesting things.
Feeling inspired? Take the THIS IS HOW quiz to find out more about what you’re good at and possible job roles that could be a match for you or have a listen to our podcast with Carl, Lead Product Designer at YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.